The Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC) announces the availability of funds to support pilot/feasibility studies targeting research in Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and related disorders. The major objective of this program is to enhance novel AD-related research throughout the University of Wisconsin campus, and generate pilot data for larger peer-reviewed grants.
Proposals may target any aspect of AD research including, but not limited to:
- Preclinical disease biomarkers
- Diagnostic and prognostic indicators
- Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI)
- Normal aging research relevant or applicable to AD diagnostics, treatment, etc.
- Disease risk factors
- Molecular neurobiology of the disease
- Neuroimaging in preclinical and afflicted subjects
- Clinical manifestations
- Treatments (either pharmacological or behavioral interventions)
- Caregiver stress
- Health services research
- End-of-life care
- Behavioral and social aspects of the disease
- Multi-dimensional Omics
- Use of health technology to enhance dementia care
- Stem cell research
For successful applications, funding will start on April 1, 2017.
- PI must have a UW or VA appointment
- Previous pilot grant awardees are ineligible regardless of content, if the previous award is still active
- Funds can be requested for up to 1 year
- Total budget should not exceed $30,000
- Indirect costs will not be supported
Application Procedures and Deadlines:
Submission link: https://redcap.medicine.wisc.edu/surveys/?s=H9ANJJ8CCK
A Letter of Intent indicating the focus of your research is due 4 p.m. November 18, 2016. You may submit an application without a Letter of Intent; however, we will use the Letter of Intent to aid us in identifying appropriate reviewers ahead of time.
A Full Application must be submitted in an electronic format by 4 p.m. January 13, 2017.
Investigators at all levels are invited to apply; however, preference will be given to junior faculty wishing to pursue an academic career in dementia research. Applications utilizing the extensive infrastructure and resources of Wisconsin ADRC are encouraged. Detailed information related to these resrouces can be found at www.adrc.wisc.edu/research-services-and-resources.