In January 2021, the Wisconsin ADRC Research Education Component (REC) awarded 10 trainees REC Professional Development Awards. These awards will support UW–Madison and REC trainees in their attendance to conferences, workshops, presentations or training experiences that are connected to the their research, dissertation, thesis or final exhibition. Award amounts range between $50 and $1,000.
Congratulations to the following REC Professional Development Award recipients:
- Hannah Belay, fourth-year undergraduate student in Cognitive-Communication in Aging and Neurogenic Disorders Laboratory (CCANDL)
- Anil Kiran Chokkalla, PhD student, masters in biotechnology, Raghu Vemuganti Lab
- Allison Eierman, third-year undergraduate student, Carlsson Lab
- Margo Heston, third-year PhD student in the Cellular and Molecular Pathology Program, Bendlin Lab
- Akshay Kohli, fourth-year PhD student in Neuroscience Training, Bendlin Lab
- Atsuko Kurosu, PhD, postdoctoral research associate, Swallowing and Salivary Bioscience Lab, PI Nicole Rogus-Pulia, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Natascha Merten, MS (Psychology), PhD (Epidemiology), postdoctoral research associate, Cruickshanks Episense Lab
- Rodolfo Peña, doctoral student, Communication Sciences and Disorders, expected 2023, master's degree in language and speech disorders, 2013, Swallowing and Salivary Bioscience Lab, PI Nicole Rogus-Pulia, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Raele Robison, PhD, first-year postdoctoral fellow, Dr. Nicole Rogus-Pulia's Laboratory
- Kara Vogel, PhD, postdoctoral research associate, McLellan Laboratory
The mission of the Wisconsin Alzheimer's Disease Research Center REC is to inspire and train the next generation of Alzheimer's disease researchers. We do this by supporting educational and career development activities and promoting Alzheimer's disease-centered research instruction that helps researchers become independent future Alzheimer's disease research leaders.
Join the Alzheimer’s Disease Research News email list to learn about future professional development opportunities. To join the group mailing list, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email Sheryl Spensley if you have questions or need additional information.